Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Father Of Day, Father Of Night
Written-By – Bob Dylan
|A2||In The Beginning, Darkness
Written-By – Slade*, Mann*, Rogers*
|A3||Pluto The Dog
Written-By – Slade*, Pattenden*, Mann*, Rogers*
Written-By – Slade*, Rogers*
|B2||Saturn, Lord Of The Ring / Mercury, The Winged Messenger
Written-By – Mann*, Rogers*
|B3||Earth: The Circle Part 2
Written-By – Mann*
|B4||Earth: The Circle Part 1
Written-By – Mann*
- Backing Vocals – Doreen And Irene Chanter*, Grove Singers
- Bass Guitar – Colin Pattenden
- Design, Photography By – Fin Costello
- Drums [Fibes] – Chris Slade
- Engineer – John Pantry
- Engineer [Contributions By] – Dave Stephens, John Edwardes*
- Guitar, Vocals – Mick Rogers
- Management – H.M.*
- Organ, Synthesizer, Vocals – Manfred Mann
- Percussion [Extra] – Peter Miles (tracks: A2)
- Producer – Manfred Mann And Earthband*
- Technician [Tape Operator] – Laurence Latham*
- Trombone – Paul Rutherford
NotesFrom cover (rear):
Recorded at the Workhouse, Old Kent Road, London, 1973.
Special thanks to John Pantry for his invaluable contributions.
Management H.M.M. 490 Old Kent Road, London SE1
Manufactured & distributed by Island Records Ltd.
Manufactured and distributed by Hataklit Ltd.
From inner gatefold:
Solar: Concerned with, determined by the sun
Fire: Active principle operative in combustion.
The Concise Oxford Dictionary
From Centre labels:
℗ 1973 Bronze Records Ltd.
Manufactured and distributed by [Island 'i' logo appears] Island Records Limited
Inconsistency: The cover lists 'Manfred Mann and Earthband' as the producer, the label only 'Manfred Mann'.
Track titles given as on cover. Track B3 is given on the centre label as "Earth: The Circle (Part Two)". Track B4 is given on the centre label as "Earth: The Circle (Part One)".
Category on cover (front): DE LUXE 30951; Category on spine and cover (rear): ILPS 9265, DE LUXE 30951; Category on centre labels: 87 515 XOT.
'The vinyl is actually the same as from this release.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): S 87 515 A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): S 87 515 B
- Other (On Centre Label): 951
- Rights Society (From Centre Label): GEMA
|ILPS 9265||Manfred Mann's Earth Band||Solar Fire (LP, Album, Gat)||Bronze||ILPS 9265||UK||1973|
|834785-1||Manfred Mann's Earth Band||Solar Fire (LP, Album, RE)||Bronze||834785-1||Greece||Unknown|
|6499 749||Manfred Mann's Earth Band||Solar Fire (LP, Album, Gat)||Island Records, Bronze||6499 749||France||1973|
|PD 6019||Manfred Mann's Earth Band||Solar Fire (LP, Album)||Polydor||PD 6019||US||1973|
|28 778 XOT, 28 778 IT||Manfred Mann's Earth Band||Solar Fire (LP, Album, RE, Gat)||Bronze, Bronze||28 778 XOT, 28 778 IT||Austria||1977|